Thursday, February 26, 2009

YOUTH OUTLOOK ECONOMiC FORUM

Today i went to a forum held by the Youth Outlook Program. During this program we got to meet new people, tlak about issues in the social lives and in the economy. We heard other people's thoughts about the economy being in a recession, but we also got our voices and our thoughts heard by other people as well. We discussed all the affects of the recession towards each person's life and how every person is hit hard in different ways. This program really inspired me today because it made me want to be a part of trying to help out, and it made me want my voice to get heard. During this session, we got split up into different groups with new people we had never met before. During these group discussions, it felt really good to be able to express myself and my thoughts and my particular situation because of this recession. Before I never really cared much about knowing what's going on and the affects in the world. But this program really changed my whole point of view about things. It made me want to get involved.

No comments: