Saturday, December 13, 2008

How Parents Affect Teens Emotionally

Parents are one of the most stressful things in life for a teen. Most teens just want space and trust from their parents. But their are teens who want MORE than just that from their parents. For example, my mom has always been there for me advice wise, and shes always understood, and trusted me and gave me money when I needed it. All that stuff is important for a good relationship between parents and thier kids. But there is ONLY one thing that i wish my mom would do for me and understand why i want that. All i ever ask my mom for is to stop drinking. That is the ONLY thing i ever wish for in my life. She can never do that for me though. It hurts me more than she can ever imagine, and she just cant see or understand that. As for my dad, he has no trust in me AT ALL. He's my father and he doesnt know one thing about me, he never tries to talk to me about anything like a real father is supposed to do. He's always been there for me as a father, hes kept a roof over my head, fed me, bought me my cothes and anything i need, and I thank him so much for that. But i just wish that he would be there for me when I'm hurting, struggling, or just need somebody to talk to. As for a friend of mine as another example, she has one of the worst relationships with her mother. Its not because she wnats that, its just that her mother has never really been there for her to understand her and her feelings. Her father was never there for her preiod. So she expected her mom to be the one to love her and understand her NO MATTER WHAT. Her mother never trusts her, she never understands her, and she never listens or cares about what she has to say. All of these things mean more to us than our parents even realize. They hurt us so bad that they don't even try to hear us out, or even change for the sake of their children. To have parents like that, is one of the most painful things anyone could ever have. It builds anger and pain inside of you that will never go away. But we put up with them, help them, and we're always there for them when they need us because we love them regardless.

No comments: